Kruger Walking Safari
Itinerary: from / to Cape Town or Pretoria
Duration: 4 or 5 days
Group size: max. 8 people
Walking Safari Price: 590 €
- Affordable and unique walking safari in the exclusive Big Five Greater Kruger National Park
- Includes two walk/drive combinations and a night drive each day
There is a big difference between experiencing a safari in Africa on foot than from the tinted windows of a luxury bus! To walk is to be out there with the African wildlife, sharing their paths and waterholes, the daily dramas of their lives, sharing their space. To walk is to follow their tracks, feel the tingle of your own senses and hear the beating of your heart as you edge closer to a herd of elephant resting in the shade. To sleep in a tent under the trees with only the canvas between you and the bush is an unforgettable experience!
Day 1 : Departure to Kruger National park
Day 2: Kruger National park
Day 3: Kruger National park
Day 4: Kruger National park
Day 5: Kruger National park
Day 1: Departure to Kruger National Park
If you have booked a transfer you will be collected today at first light and transferred to theKrugerNational Park. The journey takes approximately 6 hours with stops along the way. Everyone will get together at a lovely bush pub on the edge of the reserve to meet your guide, sign the indemnity forms and have lunch. After lunch, we transfer you into open safari vehicles to one of our bush camps in the greater Kruger National Park, making sure that you spend the maximum time out in the bush!
Day 2 – 4: Kruger National Park
In the mornings we set off at first light after a snack breakfast. Enjoying the cool morning air we may walk directly from the camp or else use a vehicle to get further out. Your ranger will decipher the tracks and signs left by the passing animals during the night. The thrill of walking, tracking and getting up close to one of the creatures of the bush is an unforgettable experience. On the walks there is a lot of emphasis on all the interesting things seen such as trees, plants, insects and birds. A big breakfast is prepared back in camp and then there is time to unwind and siesta during the heat of the day. After lunch is served it is time to head out again.
The afternoon activity is a walk/ drive combination, looking for tracks and animal movements in other areas. After the walk we drive to a beautiful spot in the Reserve, where we’ll have sundowners while waiting for a stunning African Sunset. As the diurnal animals and birds settle down, the stage and sounds change and a whole new world awakens. This is when we do a night drive back to camp, looking for the nocturnal creatures that are so rarely seen during the day. Back in camp a hearty supper and a warm campfire will be waiting for you. After a long day in the bush there is nothing more rewarding than to sneak off to bed and listen to the sounds of the night!
Day 5: Kruger National Park
Today you will still go out for one last walk where you will realize how much you’ve learned already! After breakfast it’s time to pack up and go back to the bush pub, where you will pay the Conservation Fee and the drinks you’ve consumed in our camps. Then we reluctantly say our goodbyes and transfer you back to the city. Self-drives can leave their car safely at the meeting point during the safari and be on their way again from here.
*subject to change without notice
Price and Services
Walking Safari Friday -Tuesday (5 Days / 4 Nights)
Rate 2014: 790 Euro pp
Walking Safari Friday-Monday (4 Days / 3 Nights)
Rate 2014: 590 Euro pp
Single supplement: +25%
- Meals and accommodation
- Transport during the whole tour
- Qualified guides
- All equipment
- 30 Euro Conservation fee
- Transfer from/to Johannesburg or Pretoria (only on Mondays and Fridays, price 80 Euro pp)
- Soft drinks, alcohol, tips and other personal expenses
- Travel Insurance (compulsory: luggage, accident and medical cover)
Facts in a row!
- Affordable and unique walking safari in the exclusive Greater Kruger National Park
- Scheduled guaranteed departures every Mon (5 day) and Fri (4 day)
- Maximum 8 people per trail, no minimum. Maximum 12 people per camp
- Minimum age 16 (in groups of 4 min age 12)
- Transfers to and from JNB orPretoriacan be easily included on Mondays and Fridays
- Each safari (Mon and Fri) departs from the meeting point in Hoedspruit around12pm, returning on the last day around11am
- Includes accommodation in large walk-in Meru-style tents, bedding and towels provided
- Includes two walk/drive combinations and night drive each day
Transfer pick-up and drop-off information:
- Johannesburg: Pick-ups from a list of selected hotels only. Pick-up time inPretoria around5am, in JNB between 5 and6am.
- Everybody will be contacted the day before the departure to confirm the exact time –please make sure we have the correct contact numbers. If your pick-up hotel has not been confirmed, please contact us at the latest 2 days before traveling!
- Drop-off at ORT International around18.30 pmand any hotel on the list thereafter.
- Hoedspruit: Self-drives will need to meet us at Josmacs Bush Pub no later than11 am.
- Pick-ups and drop-offs at Eastgate Airport Hoedspruit at no extra charge on Mondays and Fridays at11.30 am. At any time after that or on any other day an additional 30 Euro pp is charged for a private transfer.
Departure every Monday (5 days) and Friday (4 days).